The Knights of Columbus is a world-wide Catholic fraternal organization founded on the principles of CHARITY-UNITY-FRATERNITY and PATRIOTISM. In 2017, St. John Fisher Knights of Columbus Council 15734 of Marlborough, CT decided to honor a worthy graduating senior with a scholarship in recognition of his/her exemplary commitment of service to our community and his/her exemplary practical and actual practice of their Catholic faith in his/her daily life.
Therefore, Council 15734 has stipulated that the eligibility criteria for a qualified applicant are the following;
- The applicant and his/her family must be registered members of St. John Fisher Church of Marlborough, CT.
- The applicant must be a practicing Catholic (and must have received the Sacrament of Confirmation).
- Entrant must be a graduating senior in the Class of December 2017 or June 2018.
- Entrant must be accepted at two- or four-year college, university or an accredited degree or certificate awarding institution of higher learning. (The applicant must show evidence of his/her commitment to matriculate at the institution, before the scholarship can be awarded.)
- The applicant must submit (via email) on or BEFORE the stated deadline all of the following;
- “Scholarship Application Cover Sheet,”
- “Scholarship Activity Sheet”- signed by a church official (e.g. youth minister, sacristan, pastor) and a school official (e.g. counselor, assistant principal, student council director), and
- “Scholarship ESSAY.” (Please see essay guidelines further on in this document.)***
FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR (INCLUDING THOSE SENIORS GRADUATING IN IN DECEMBER 2017 OR JUNE 2018 ONE SCHOLARSHIP WILL BE AWARDED TO A CATHOLIC SENIOR BOUND FOR AN ACCREDITED INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING in accordance with the ELIGIBILITY criteria above.
The Scholarship shall be in the amount of $500.00.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION