an excerpt from Father's October 14th Homily
If we all practice these kinds of ways of service, our community life will be wholesome and holy and attractive to others inside and outside the parish.
- the service of holding one's tongue which prevents undue criticism while allowing others to grow in God's image, not mine;
- the service of humility that places the honor, opinion and well-being of another before my own;
- the service of listening, attentively and carefully, and doesn't presume to know what someone else will say before he does;
- the service of active helpfulness that recognizes there is no task beneath anyone's dignity, especially my own;
- the serivce of bearing one another's burdens in a way that doesn't make the other feel like a burden;
- the service of proclaiming, for example, speaking words that give life instead of robbing the community of it.
I'm Father Sas, and I approve this message ...