Welcome to summer!
Here are some simple ways to “practice” your faith during the slower months of summer:
- Go outside, look at the clouds, trees, fields, oceans and remember that these are signs of God’s love for us;
- Take a book from our lending library;
- Practice gratitude by starting a gratitude journal, record three things each day;
- Go to daily Mass;
- Read sacred scripture;
- Make sandwiches for the homeless;
- Come to Mass early and spend a few extra minutes with God;
- Call a friend or family member that you haven’t seen in a while;
- Come work in the parish garden on a Monday evening;
- Pray for someone you know or those struggling with poverty, mental illness or physical illness;
- Read the blue or yellow mass guide (found at the entrances of the church) with your child;
- Say hello to the people in your pew at Mass.
While on vacation, be sure to check out www.findaparish.com to help you locate Catholic Churches where you are vacationing.