Cleaning out your closet from all the clothes that you will never wear again?
Stop by church and grab a yellow Goodwill voucher then bring your unwanted items to any of the Goodwill locations listed on the back of the card. Drop the clothing in the appropriate boxes and give the card to an attendant. It's that easy!
This is how the magic you create happens!
Goodwill Industries sends St. Vincent de Paul Middletown VOUCHERS for free clothing based on the total donations received using the donation card we provide to you.
- We make those vouchers available to social service agencies across our community.
- Families needing clothing no longer have to go door to door, church to church to see if they can find a warm coat, shoes or other apparel.
- Churches and other organizations no longer have to stock a closet full of clothing to fulfill their mission to clothe their neighbors.
- Families in need enjoy the dignity of shopping for themselves, picking their own clothes in a retail shopping experience.
- Community Social Service agencies have a single source for clothing for their clients.
- Persons coming directly to St. Vincent de Paul Middletown for clothing needs are referred to a case manager to determine if there are underlying issues causing the symptom of a clothing need, one that perhaps we can help with.
No money changes hands. Families needing clothing get it. Underlying needs are uncovered so that available resources can be applied to those needs. Goodwill Industries and social service agencies all benefit.
Poverty robs people of many things, including their dignity. Shopping for their own clothing restores just a bit of that dignity.