EXTENDED TO APRIL 15, 2020
The Knights of Columbus is a world-wide Catholic fraternal organization founded on the principles of CHARITY-UNITY-FRATERNITY and PATRIOTISM. In 2020, St. John Fisher Knights of Columbus Council 15734 of Marlborough, CT will honor two worthy graduating seniors with a scholarship in recognition of his/her exemplary commitment of service to our community and his/her exemplary practical and actual practice of their Catholic faith in his/her daily life.
Therefore, Council 15734 has stipulated that the eligibility criteria for a qualified applicant are the following;
- The applicant and his/her family must be registered members of St. John Fisher Church of Marlborough, CT.
- The applicant must be a practicing Catholic and must have received the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Entrant must be a graduating senior in the Class of December 2019 or June 2020.
- Entrant must be accepted at two- or four-year college, university or an accredited degree or certificate awarding institution of higher learning. The applicant must show evidence of his/her commitment to matriculate at the institution, before the scholarship can be awarded.
- The applicant must submit via email on or BEFORE the deadline of March 31, 2020 all of the following;
- “Scholarship Application Cover Sheet,”
- “Scholarship Activity Sheet”- signed by a church official (e.g. youth minister, sacristan, pastor) and a school official (e.g. counselor, assistant principal, student council director),
- “Scholarship ESSAY.” Please guidelines in the application.
The Scholarships shall each be in the amount of $500.00.